The Royal Atlantis is one of the Iconic Representation of Dubai located on man-made island Palm Jumeirah due to open in 2020. The project is labelled as “Live Your Dream High Living Lifestyle in Dubai on the Beach” The prestigious hotel features a breathtaking structure standing at 185 metres tall comprising of 6 towers encompassing 43 storeys. The hotel offers a vibrant community which will provide – 795 Guest Rooms – 231 Serviced Residences – 35 Restaurants and Bars with 10 Celebrity Chef Restaurants – 1 International leading beach and night club – 92 swimming pools & 1 Infinity Pool The specific design of the project will optimize natural breeze cooling and amplify shading, thus creating a comfortable environment by using passive natural energy for the lounges, cabanas, conference space, dining, resort amenities.
Ishtar Decor LLC, Fino International, AHK International, S&T, Interiors International
Ishtar Décor LLC – Since 1991, Ishtar has provided turnkey construction solutions in the field of Design, Contracting, Interior Fit-Out, Specialist Ceiling and Partition Systems and Custom-made Joinery with an emphasis on detail and quality. Ishar has built up an enviable reputation in all associated disciplines due to their team of professionals and strong supplier partnerships. Interiors International is a successful, expanding interior fit-out contractor, offering specialist turnkey manufacturing, fit-out and project management services to the hospitality and leisure industry around the world. Fino International is an Interior Design and build Service provider company specializes in residential, commercial interior design and fit-out décor projects with several big ticket projects under its belt. They believe in delivering a unique blend of complete harmony between quality and budget. S&T Interiors and Contracting is one of the largest contracting companies in the GCC region, established in 1977, headquartered in Oman. S&T offers the industry’s most comprehensive range of products and is one-of-its-kind turn-key interiors and contracting solution provider. AHK Construction was established in 1996 focusing on hotels, residences, hospitals and shopping malls. Fundamental principles of AHK standards are technological supremacy, conformity with international standards and regulations, effective project management, resource allocation, prompt and cost-effective service.
- Specification The final specification had every system in Gyproc’s portfolio. This was only achievable through close collaboration and coordination with all stakeholders at the inception stage of the project.
- Engineering: Weekly meetings by the Technical Support Team and Technical Academy Team helped build the synergy with the Contractor, Main Contractor, Consultant & Client by tackling all issues at site. This helped build the trust on Gyproc by project stakeholders.
- Engineering: Introduction of 26,000 sqm of Habito board by showcasing the board property and creating demand for the board.
- Engineering: Over 220,000+ sqm of Gyproc partition and ceiling works executed during the project construction.
- Engineering: Becoming a one stop solution provider for the Client, Architect, Main Contractor and Sub-Contractor for all separating walls and ceilings built up.
- Back Office Support: Extensive support was provided by the back office in helping the contractor to get the rightful approvals in place to ensure no delays on site happen.
- Back Office Support: Accurate forecasting of material production helped in the timely delivery of materials.
- Key achievements Coordination between Inter – company entities like KIMMCO ISOVER in producing non-standard insulation and delivering the same at site within the stipulated time frame.
Over 36 discussions and meetings with the contractor in aligning the 220+ different wall types proposed for the project to meet the project requirement prior to the start of the project.
Identifying different wall types of the project that could be engineered to provide commercial benefit to the contractor while maintaining the performances and wall thickness and heights schedule.
The project approvals required a good amount of time as the proposed system had to meet every norms of the specification right from standards to the LEED requirement of the project.
Providing solution for heights and performances which were not possible within traditional drywall system by integrating secondary supports and new tests done in lab to meet the project requirement.
A team comprising of 6 people was formulated and dedicated to the project. This team trained and provided site support to avoid any glitches in the execution phase of the project.