VELUX® GBI Head Office
United KingdomCompany Name: ISG
Creating the perfect office environment
In a two-storey extension with large, horizontal and vertical spaces, optimised acoustic performance was crucial to ensuring comfort and optimal working conditions for the 160 staff.
Developing a two-storey, 37,673ft2 extension for 160 people presented a range of challenges in itself, but incorporating a curved ceiling into the design added an entirely different set of obstacles. Our expertise was required to develop a solution that would improve the acoustic performance of the VELUX® headquarters and facilitate the ideal office environment.
Working with Sinclair Watt Architects, ISG plc and PFP Ltd, we were able to deliver a solution that provides optimal acoustic performance, meaning 160 VELUX® employees can enjoy the ideal working atmosphere.
3 500 m²
Company name: ISG
Main Representative: Mr. Sam Small
Number of collaborators: 3001
Specialties: Education, High-rise residential, Data centres, Fit-Out
Founded in: 1989
Biography: We are ISG. As a global construction specialist, we make places where people and businesses thrive.
- Acoustics – Ensuring the system delivered performance given the height of the ceiling
- Aesthetics – Making sure the system was visually appealing to the client and staff
- Curved Design – Incorporating the system into the curved design
- Air Quality – Delivering ambient air quality within a large open space
- Blue Chip Client – Design a system that befits a high performing business such as Velux
- Good relationship/cooperation between Sinclair Watt, ISG and PFP, ensuring clarity, efficiency and effectiveness.
- New specification for Velux – We analysed potential reverberation times across the extension, before working with the frame manufacturer to develop a custom-made solution for the curved ceiling. GypCeiling MF was recommended for the project due to its high level of design flexibility.
- Air quality and acoustics – Our technical expertise, knowledge, know-how and care delivered acoustic excellence in a challenging open-plan space, combined with our ActivAir technology, improving indoor air quality for employees.