Double Reverberation Chamber Acoustic Test Laboratory was constructed on the first floor of TSE (Turkish Standards Institution) Energy Technologies Laboratories building which allows acoustic tests to be done for several air conditioning system products. The laboratory has an original design which was formed with domestic knowledge. Low background noise level needs in the chambers and high noise levels in the facility brought forth the need for high sound transmission loss levels for the design of the laboratory. Rigidur® H was the most suitable material to satisfy density and elasticity module parameters, hence used for the wall partitions and ceilings of inner rooms and outer shell of the laboratory. A wall system recommended by Rigips was constructed as the outer shell and a steel panel system designed by Pro-Plan® was used at inner rooms. It has been tested and proved that sound power levels can be measured reliably in the laboratory which is internationally accredited.
Pro-Plan Proje Muh. San. ve Tic. Ltd. Sti.
Founded in 1987, Pro-Plan Ltd. provides services in the area of architecture and engineering. With the theoretical and applied knowledge accumulated in the area of “sound and vibration” together with the high service quality provided, it has been the leading solution partner in the minds of the customers ever since. Pro-Plan Ltd. employs engineers and architects with high level of knowledge and experience at international level. Satisfaction of the customers is its top priority. It supports its architectural and engineering activities in “sound and vibration” with the latest state-of-art measurement systems and software. Based on thirty years of experience plus good cooperation with its represented companies abroad, Pro-Plan Ltd. can generate feasible solutions to any problem related to “sound and vibration.” So far, it has completed many unique applications for the first time in Turkey.
- Design, production and construction were completed with local knowledge of the acoustic test laboratory in which several types of air conditioning products can be tested reliably and accredited internationally.
- Low background noise level and high sound transmission loss level needs were satisfied.
- High quality work
- Modular design and construction
- There were restrictions associated with load capacity as the laboratory was constructed in an existing building. To achieve high sound transmission loss, design had to be heavy with high densities and box-in-box design. Pro-Plan team achieved this goal in accordance with the load capacity by making calculations with different design options.
- As one steel panel had a weight of approximately 160 kg, transportation and lifting difficulties were solved by using a lift specially designed for the project.
- Since the wall height of the outer room was more than 600 cm, structural reinforcement had to be used in the wall system. The height of 604 cm was passed without horizontal profiles thanks to the special I-shape profiles of Rigips Turkey.
- The Double Reverberation Chamber Acoustic Test Laboratory had to be as earthquake-resistant as the existing building which was located in an earthquake zone. Some seismic snubbers were used to avoid any potential different behaviour of the laboratory.