On the island of Sylt this 5 star superior hotel with over 62 rooms, suites and apartments and a variety of other areas (including an outstanding 2000 square metre spa area) was built in less than 2 years. The building owner’s attention was entirely focused on the highest possible quality and best possible result to meet the extraordinary demands of his guests. Therefore J. Brinkmann worked in close cooperation with the Rigips Technicians to find the perfect dry-lining product for each area. In some cases the decision was taken on the building site and due to the tight time schedule the delivery of the project on time was a huge challenge. Furthermore excellent and extremely precise installation work was required as most of the furnishings, as well as the sanitary facilities, were already prefabricated on measure. Further dry-lining highlights include the construction of the corrosion and sound-proof spa area, the free-spanning fire protection ceilings and the round steam sauna with a radius of only 1.5 metres.
J. Brinkmann GmbH Bauunternehmung
The contractor J. Brinkmann Bauunternehmung GmbH was founded in 1968 in Essen, Germany. Today’s owners are the brothers Peter and Klaus Brinkmann. Both are qualified engineers and architects. The company is specialized in plasterboard drywall, framing, flooring, fire protection and tiles. Their strengths include good teamwork and a transparent project and cost planning process. Furthermore, they offer a qualified team to implement the project in a flexible and innovative way.
- Detailed solutions like suspended ceiling, round walls in the spa area, fire protection ceilings and special acoustic ceilings
- Accomplished high-class claims
- Precise work, because of existing furnishings and sanitary facilities
- Difficult and flexible logistic (island Sylt)
- Time pressure leading to short production and delivery times for special products
- New and detailed solutions, like the suspended ceilings and the round walls in the spa area, were challenging to implement.
- Variety of demands and performances such as high fire prevention and sound insulation.
- The development had to meet requirements of the highest quality for the architects, building owner and Sylts guests. The furnishings, as well as the sanitary facilities and the fluxion were already prefabricated on measure, so the contractor had to work very precisely.
- In spite of a narrow time window the project was completed for the building owner in time. The cooperation with other companies and meeting the highest quality standards were also key challenges.
- Another challenge was the logistics: Special constructions, for example moulded components, Glasroc H plasterboard and C5 coated profiles had to be produced under high pressure and had to be delivered safely. The project needed a lot of preparation time to be incorporated into the implementation planning.