The Svevo Castle is a symbolic building in Bari, built by the Normans in the 12th century to defend the main entrance to the city and strategically placed in the historical city centre. Today the Castle is the home of the Fine Arts Council (Soprintendenza delle Belle Arti), which has promoted various renovation works over the last few years, allowing both the monumental internal rooms and the large courtyard to become accessible. Works were carried out to safeguard the historical and artistic value of the building, whilst at the same time modernizing the spaces including new fixtures. This was done using local, natural and sustainable materials. The products chosen by the contractor make the most of the advantages of using gypsum products (no cracks, mechanical resistance, thermal insulation and ease of application even on thicker substrates) and the intrinsic characteristics of breathability, which are typical of natural hydraulic li
Intonaci Bari S.r.l.
The company is specialized in the application of internal and external plasters, finishes and coats. It operates mainly in the field of public and residential buildings, with particular reference to the recovery of the architectural heritage of the historic city of Bari and province. In its works Intonaci Bari always favours the use of innovative, environmentally-friendly and sustainable products.
- Great coordination between Designer, Contractor and plasterer in choosing a solution that met the specifications provided by the Fine Arts Council.
- Faithful recovery of the original architecture.
- Respect and safeguarding of the decorative and architectural aspects of the castle
- Use of natural and eco-compatible materials to protect the historical tuff walls, as requested by the Fine Arts Council
- Application of plaster on unlevelled surfaces