DY Patil University Hostel Blocks
IndiaCompany Name: DHIPL Projects Pvt. Ltd.
DY Patil University, a sprawling campus spread across 65 acres, which also houses residential hostels for girls, boys and staff quarters.
As part of expansion plans, new hostel buildings were constructed spread across three phases to help extend their residential facilities for the increasing number of student admissions. The lower 5 floors are in RCC and upper 5 floors are in composite steel construction. The upper levels are supported by full height Steel frames and by hangers from a ‘crown structure’.
Their main requirement was construction of a complex overhanging truss supported structure of around 37000 sqm with a quick turnaround time.
37 000 m²
Residential Hostel Blocks
DY Patil University
Foster + Partners
Company name: DHIPL Projects Pvt. Ltd.
Main Representative: Mr. Sunil Dalwadi & Mr. Chandresh Thakkar
Number of collaborators: 350
Specialties: Turnkey Interior Contracts
Founded in: 1989
Biography: Decor Homes was started in 1989 by 3 entrepreneurs, who have harnessed each other’s strengths to grow the company with a turnover of US $30 million. By having a synergy with quality building material and technology, we can apply new techniques to projects and in the end, give a better output and also adhere to challenging project timelines. Over the years we have achieved new milestones with every project executed. Now, as a leading construction contracting company, we proud to continue this legacy of success & strive to accomplish a higher turnover every year. DHIPL is an ISO & OHSAS certified company. We have been consistently recognized for our commitment. Not only for our excellence in construction, but also for our prompt services towards the clients.
Contractors: Mr. Sunil Dalwadi & Mr. Chandresh Thakkar
- Time – A project of such a big scale required adequate design planning for enabling its structural stability considering the crown structure
Tough installation process using gondola lift planned and executed with safe manhours for higher heights
- Manpower planning and safety precautions during covid period for timely completion
- Just-in-time process along with a dedicated team enabled swiftness in material supply as per project requirements
- Initial mock up room done to gain client confidence
- Mumbai Cyclone (Nisarga ) at 110-150 km/h (70-100 mph) hit the city and the structure remained intact without any damages
- Structural stability calculations were performed ; solutions and customized fixing details offered accordingly
- Complete solutions package for both interior and exterior drywalls , interior and open area false ceilings
- First residential project to adopt exterior drywalls in India