Senior Living Wildburg
GermanyCompany Name : G+K Ausbau- und Sanierung GmbH
The first part of the Wildburg was built in 1698 and the castle has had a vivid history with various different uses since then, such as home for the lords of Wiltberg, military hospital, home of the disabled, convent and finally a boarding school. In 2019 an investor decided to convert the Wildburg into a new use as a home for senior people.
The building complex consists of three parts of which two are listed buildings and the conversion was extremely complicated due to their previous different uses. To achieve the required fireprotection a huge variety of Rigips systems were necessary, in some cases even special solutions with Rigips Glasroc F 25 and Rigips Die Dicke 25 RF had to be developed. But effective sound insulation between the residential units also played considerable role. Therefore, Rigips Die Dicke 20, RigiProfil MultiTec studs as well as ISOVER Akustic TP & Akustic SSP mineral wool were used. Most bathrooms in the apartments didn’t have exterior windows. Their illumination with natural light was realised with skylights, carried out with plasterboard stripes and frameles glazing.
The result is an amazing retirement home which combines the charm of the old castle with modern living standards. The German jury praised the expert use of the contractor’s dry lining expertise which was necessary to develop the numerous constructions in order to achieve the required fire and sound protection. The building owner was very pleased with the overall result and already placed the next project with the contractor.
3 886 m²
Senior living in the listed castle Wildburg
Architekturbüro Jürgen Heyer
Company name: G+K Ausbau u. Sanierung GmbH
Main Representative: Mr. Michael Koch & Mr. Markus Groß
Number of collaborators: 60
Specialties: Drywall (plasterboard), Fire & acoustic prevention
Founded in: 1992
Biography: The company G+K Ausbau u. Sanierung GmbH was founded in 1992 by Mr. Michael Koch. From small beginnings, they have developed into one of the largest companies in this field and have attracted attention with intelligent and practical ideas. They provide tailor-made solutions for their customers creative freedom. They are conscious of their self-imposed high quality standards and their exemplatory projects won prices in the German national Trophy and in 2016 they were awarded with the Trophy in the hospitality category of the 10th Saint-Gobain International Trophy.
Contractors: Mr. Michael Koch & Mr. Markus Groß
- Numerous special details had to be developed in order to correspond to the fire protection regulations.
- Sound insulation was also very important and had to be taken into account in all apartments
- The realisation of this refurbishment was very complex.
- The transport of the building material was very difficult, due to a lack of space inside and outside of the building. The vertical transport with crane trucks was therefore not possible and a building crane had to used. The horizontal transport into the buildings had to be done manually and took a lot of effort.
- Very good cooperation with Rigips, fire-protection expert, and the architect and their willingness to find a solution for every appearing challenge
- Very good cooperation with Rigips, fire-protection expert, and the architect
- Willingness to find a solution for every appearing challenge
- Use of the full range of Rigips products such as Rigips Glasroc F, Rigidur gypsum fibre board, VARIO and ProMix jointfiller, RigiProfil MultiTec metal studs and as well of ISOVER Akustic TP & Akustic SSP