Sustainable Residence Limassol
CyprusCompany Name: Marcon Designs Ltd.
The aim was to build the first Cross Laminated (CLT) Sustainable house in Greece and Cyprus.
Studies for this type of construction are almost 20 years old and have confirmed that this is the way forward, as also SG promotes.
Timber is a carbon sink and is the one of best solutions to the Climate change increasing demands. Timber construction, when protected from humidity, can last for ever and Building process can be very fast.
Cyprus is located in an extremely high seismic region and the timber construction guarantees no failures. In addition, Insurance companies insure timber constructions with lower fees.
In combination with Saint-Gobain’s innovative drywall and insulation systems, the target was to achieve excellent sound, fire, thermal insulation properties and technical breakthroughs.
New private house
& Pelekanos Marios
Company name: Marcon Designs Ltd.
Main Representative: Marios Consanti
Number of collaborators: 45
Specialties: Dry Lining – ETICS, Decoration – 3D Wall Panels
Founded in: 2005
Biography: Marcon Designs Drywall company is a family-owned and operated drywall company, founded in 2008. The founder is Marios Consanti, who has experience during the last 20 years in the Drywall industry and constructions in general. Works with a wide range of clients ranging from single-family house owners to the largest Construction companies of Cyprus. Specializes into Certified Drywall Systems for interior and exterior, fire rated systems as well as sound and thermal insulation. The aim of the company is to provide the best result in design and satisfy the customers needs as regards to quality and standards.
Innovation Partner: PETOUSSIS CHRYSIS, Executive Director, Petoussis Bros Ltd
Contractor: Marios Consanti
New Design and Construction process
Positioning of Building for best Indoor Air Quality (natural flow) and maximize natural light
Reduction of Energy Consumption to minimum
Technical challenges before and during installation/application
Construction time needed
Combination of wooden structure and Dry Lining products & systems
Training applicators and installers to new construction methods
- Long way studies and drawings became reality – ‘A new solution’
- Energy consumed for wooden structure is less ~ 20-30 times against Steel or Concrete
- Well being – Living environment is of high quality and habitual (no temperature variations inside)
- Optimum Construction time needed – Only 6 months!
- Construction Teams were convinced about project’s success – ‘Best Promoters’
- Construction that attracts ‘tourists’ – Engineering Universities have been interested to study building
- State Engineers are seeking for information and specifications – Minimum use of water 9 A precious resource for the Island!)
- A ‘Money producing’ building…!