Limerick is home to ADI’s European based semiconductor wafer manufacturing facility, as well as research and development for Analog technologies. The new European Research and Development Centre is designed to accommodate up to 600 design engineers. This project consisted of a new R&D building composed of a two-storey structure with open-plan offices, laboratories, managerial offices, meeting rooms and a staff canteen. Gyproc partition systems incorporating SoundBloc plasterboards, and ceiling systems incorporating Gyptone perforated plasterboards were installed to provide optimum levels of both sound reduction and sound absorption. Waste minimization was a critical element of this project and bespoke metal stud and plasterboards were manufactured for the project. Analog R&D Centre is also the first office building in Ireland to achieve LEED Platinum environmental certification.
With over 15 years of experience the Castle Group specialise in Premises Fit-Outs, Company Relocations, Premises Upgrades, Refurbishments, Renovations, Building Restorations, Project Management and Maintenance of Premises. We offer a professional broad range of services from the basic to complete turn-key fitout. Operating successfully nationwide, we cater for all sectors of the Construction Industry, Commercial, Retail, Industrial, Educational, Public Sector, Sports and Leisure, Highcare Companies and Residential Premises.
- Contribution towards achieving LEED platinum status.
- Successful “Just In Time” supply chain management.
- First project under the new Irish Building Regulations which is far more onerous on both the Contractor and the Supplier.
- Collaboration with both Designers and Contractors to supply the most effective solutions.
- Waste minimisation – bespoke manufactured boards and metal framing systems.
- To demonstrate suitability of Gyptone ceiling boards in order to offer the required levels of sound absorption ensuring a comfortable acoustic working environment.
- Demonstration of suitability of products for LEED certification.