Dumbrava Events Center is composed of two halls, “Elegance” and “Fusion”, and benefits from exquisite design being made only with special performance materials chosen to create comfort for the guests. The “Elegance” room downstairs has a capacity of 200 seats whereas the “Fusion” room upstairs can accommodate a total of up to 500 people for any type of event. The main challenges consisted in obtaining the curves of the walls and the compilation of horizontal and vertical indirect lighting for both walls and ceilings. Great technical skills and knowledge of interior systems were required in order to optimize lighting, acoustics and sound absorption within a very complex curved, shaped structure, which would not naturally provide this level of execution performance. The dynamic interior design which is characterized by beautifully highlighted, curved lines creates a unified and fluid space, further enhancing the acoustic quality of the interior.
Founded in 1994, the company is specialised in wall finishing, manufacture of metal structures and components of metal structures.
- Very good acoustics achieved by Rigips® Fonic (with acoustic performances) and the shape of the interior space (walls and ceilings with special design, fluid so as to help propagating the sound).
- High fire protection achieved with Saint-Gobain Rigips solutions.
- Good, flexible and varied lighting (LED type) – achieved through the construction of drywall soffits, which highlight the Q4 level of finished surfaces.
- Acoustics and light are the dominant elements of this project. The main challenges consisted in obtaining the curves of the walls and the compilation of horizontal and vertical indirect lighting for both walls and ceilings.
- There was a high level of difficulty to achieve finished curved surfaces.
- Natural acoustics were very hard to achieve given that each room exceeds 650 m2 and the reflecting surfaces are compensated only by curves (Fusion room), finishing (textile wallpaper in Elegance room) and floor.