J W Marriot is a 5-star luxury hotel. This new luxury hotel offers 585 rooms and boasts an unparalleled location in the heart of the vibrant suburb of Andheri, adjacent to the Mumbai International airport. All 585 guest rooms as well as banquet halls, spa, gymnasium & BOH areas are constructed with international standard acoustic comfort and fire safety. Gyproc drywall was adopted for all internal walls including wet area walls and value added category plasterboards e.g. Fireline, Moisture resistance & fibre cement board, were also used.
INTERIORS DESIGNERS DECORATORS PVT LTD.
Mr. Divyesh Shah has more than 25 years of high end interior designing experience and is a specialist in drywalls and ceilings, offering complete services to execute offices, corporate & retail interiors i.e. restaurants, residence and showrooms.
- Largest Hotel Drywall Project for Gyproc India. Joint working by SG team & Contractor with Developer team from Design to Completion. Complete solution offering of Gyproc System (Drywalls, ceilings). Performance beyond regulatory requirement (Fire rating wall- 2 hrs. Acoustics(STC)- 55)
- ‘Drywalls’ are a new concept for India and most partitions and walls are done using conventional brick and masonry. Acceptance and exploring the limits of the concept, training of the workforce and timely execution were all a challenge.
- The architect and client demanded documented proof of acoustic and fire performance of Drywall.
- The wet area and spa (being a highly humid environment) required a customized solution.
- Incorporating a complex design element in the lobby area with a high quality finish was a challenge.
- Time completion was another challenge for the project which was achieved through the careful planning of resources.