Oscar Cinema is a new 6-screen luxury entertainment destination that combines leading edge visual presentation with exciting environmental effects, including seat motion and special wind and lighting effects, taking the cinema experience to a completely new level. Located in Al Shaab Village, one of Sharjah’s largest shopping malls, this demanding project had to achieve exceptionally high levels of acoustic performance to completely isolate the performances of adjacent screens. Gyproc technical experts were called in to advise on a fully integrated specification for high separating walls, ceilings and wall linings throughout the complex. Central to the specification was the high performance GypWall AUDIO, special Gyproc Mass Barrier Ceilings & a GypLyner/Shaftwall combination system, developed to maintain the acoustic performance of perimeter walls between the theatre and the restaurant. This project was important for Gyproc as it was a major switch from block-work.
Al Etefaq Decore Work, Ajman
Al Etefaq Decore Work is a professional company engaged in the business of “Interior Decoration Works” with their core-competencies in false ceilings, drywall partitions, demountable partitions, gypsum cornices, casting & other Gypsum Works based at Ajman, UAE for more than a decade. The company consists of a collaboration of experts from the field of False Ceiling, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Fire Fighting etc., with specialization in “False Ceiling Works”. Their experience and professionalism have helped them to carve out and maintain a space for themselves in a very competitive market.
- Successfully completed the First Cinema Project in UAE using Gyproc System within the time frame.
- Good feedback from the Oscar Cinema Group as the Systems installed successfully passed the acoustic on site requirement.
- High Acoustic Performance – Rw 73 dB was the requirement as it was a theatre wall , therefore GypWall AUDIO system was used in the project.
- An Innovative system – Combination of a Gyproc ShaftWall with a GypLyner UNIVERSAL system was proposed for the perimeter wall separating the theatre and restaurant.
- Mass Barrier Ceiling was proposed to be constructed on either side of the wall to provide sound insulation performance from theatre to theatre.
- Co-operation between sub contractor, Architect and Gyproc Team.
- There were a lot of MEP services running in line with the partition and no fixation point. A solution using dropped soffit was provided to achieve fire and acoustic performance.
- Lack of information on acoustic performance on perimeter walls – bespoke Gyproc ShaftWall with GypLyner UNIVERSAL wall was provided as a solution to maintain acoustic performance which was then approved by the Architect.
- Expansion joint running within the cavity along the partition line. A solution using Gypwall Audio IWL was proposed and installed where no bracing was required which also added to the improvement of the acoustic performance.
- There was a very tight deadline. The Gyproc Technical Academy dedicated 500 Man hours on site supporting pre work advice, site system training, and site support throughout the duration of the project through regular site visits.