St. Louis College of Pharmacy is the 10th largest college of pharmacy in America. The new academic and research building and library will help the college continue to be a global leader in pharmacy and healthcare education by providing state of the art facilities for instruction, research and study. Tripling the size of its predecessor, the new building provides the space required by the College and the library. The vast array of rooms and building uses required specific needs from the walls. Products were placed in each room for optimal performance, providing improved indoor air quality and enhanced moisture and mould resistance. There were various challenges throughout the project, notably a tight timeframe that required the building to be open on the first day of school. Furthermore the drywall installation began before the curtain wall was complete, exposing the interior walls to the winter weather. Care was taken to cover and monitor the walls during installation.
PARIC: Timothy Vaughan
PARIC Corporation was founded in 1979 and is based in St Louis, Missouri. One of the largest private companies in the midwest, PARIC is a general contractor, construction manager and design-build firm specializing in commercial projects, specifically healthcare, academic, hospitality, senior living and interior specialty projects. PARIC provides an exceptional building and service experience to turn every client’s dream into a reality.
- Large Scale drylining installation on a high-profile project
- Seeking LEED Silver Certification
- Repurposed recycled material The old gym floor was recycled and used as abstract art in the student center
- Completed on budget and ahead of schedule to open in time for the new school year
- Drywall was chosen and installed in each specific room and area based on its performance features
- Pressure to complete the project ahead of schedule to open before the start of school.
- The drywall installation began before the building was heavily enclosed, so extreme care needed to be taken to ensure that the drywall did not get wet. Installation during the winter months, heavy snowfall and rain at times also created challenges for the exterior and interior installation.
- Installation of Curtain Wall fabrication: the small construction site size and location in a metropolis required changes to be made in terms of product delivery, and extreme care needed to be taken to ensure the safety of all those around.